Sore, bleeding and cracked heels won’t be able to stand up to a Sunday stroll let alone a 10km run. Many people live with the pain from deep fissures not realising there are a few simple things that can be done to cure them. Imagine every time you step the fissure (the actual crack), opens the crack making it go deeper into the lower layers of the skin.
Skin is amazing, it’s the largest organ of the body, it protects us from microbes and the elements, and it helps regulate body temperature. We need to look after it, so it can look after us! Skin cracks when it is wet and dry.
If you can spare a few minutes a day, it will make all the difference. Most women invest a lot of money per month on face cream, whilst spending hours a week applying them- with never a thought the rest of the body, let alone to the skin on their feet. Imagine if we could prioritise our feet just a little more.
The main thing we can advise is a good foot skincare routine. Here are the steps we would recommend-
- Use a foot file weekly to get rid of the flaky skin. Just a gentle smooth rub around and across your heels.
- Actually wash between your toes with soap during your bath or shower to reduce the likelihood of fungal or bacterial infections. Our Scrubby soaps are packed with ground pumice stone to gently scrub away dead and hard skin. One last nag- make sure you dry your feet properly, especially between your toes.
- Time is precious so you want a moisturiser which absorbs quickly into your feet. Our Hydrating Foot Lotion is light and easy, full of Aloe Vera, glycerine, grapeseed oil, Vitamin E and spearmint oil. All of these refresh your feet, perfect to keep beside your bed for use after a long day.
- If you are someone who keeps a hand balm downstairs, why not moisturise your feet as well. The Avocado oil combined with shea and cocoa butter is the perfect combination for our Intensive Foot Balm to revitalise your feet.
- A great weekly exfoliant, such as our Rescue Mask. It is an intense mask, containing exfoliating volcanic pumice. It’s a lovely 10 minute, indulgent treatment.
When you follow this regime you will notice a considerable difference in the texture and tone of the skin. Rehydrating the skin with a moisturiser (emollient) ensures the skin is flexible and elastic, enabling it to resist the forces put on the feet with walking and running, decreasing the chances of blistering.
We really don’t mind if you don’t want to use our products, but please do clean and moisturise your feel regularly. If you have a pre-existing skin condition that often reacts to products, please get in contact as we can advise you on your individual needs.