2Toms is a company created by two gentlemen each called Tom! The first Tom (Lewis) of 2Toms has a PhD from MIT in surface chemistry. In his spare time enjoys endurance and extreme sports and is familiar with the frustration and pain of blisters. He began developing anti-chafe formulas for his own use, but lacked a business knowledge to take his product forward to market. Through a mutual friend the first Tom was introduced to the second Tom (Judd), who is also an avid athlete, whilst being an entrepreneur and a business specialist. The two officially launched their company, named 2Toms, in 2002. They produced these products at a request from the Marine Corps as their marines were struggling with blisters and unable to complete the training camps. With an ever-increasing dropout rate, that they wanted to reduce and this is how 2Toms products were created!
Blistershield is a powdered Polytrafluorethylene (PTFE) product which creates a dry, reduced friction area, to where it is applied. This helps prevent the creation of hotspots, usually caused by inadequate footwear, which in turn leads to blisters. Here at Blisterhelp, we like the fact that the Blistershield powder doesn’t absorb water and positively repels it away from the skin. It’s great for applying to the skin or over treatment dressings and taping, to help reduce friction in blister prone areas.
Blister Protection for Your Feet
Blistershield creates an almost frictionless surface on the foot or hands, reducing heat build-up and blister formation. When applied to the foot, this remarkable powder repels moisture, keeping the skin dry and blister-free for lengthy periods of activity. Blistershield significantly reduces discomfort and fatigue, resulting in increased performance and a more pleasurable exercise experience. Perfect for everyday prevention or even at the first sign of a hot spot!
Why is BlisterShield Different
Other “all natural” blister prevention products on the market are derived from plant and animal fats, and function similarly to grease and ointments. Most inorganic powders absorb moisture and reduce friction; however, as they absorb moisture, their effectiveness in reducing friction declines and can often end up as a paste. BlisterShield’s technologically advanced blister prevention formula never loses its effectiveness…. from start to finish.
Available In Convenient Travel Size
Travel size packets fit easily into pockets, tool kits, backpacks, equipment bags, purses, and more. Great for destination races, visits to the gym, or to have on the side-line of a field! Each packet contains 2 teaspoons of Blister Shield powder.
Blistershield creates a frictionless moisture barrier on your skin leaving it dry and blister free, which allows sweat to escape and prevents moisture from penetrating the barrier.
How to Apply
Blisters can develop when a surface produces friction, from pressure, and therefore creating shear against the unprotected skin. Blisters can also form due to moisture and repetition of movements.
- For maximum blister protection, wash and thoroughly dry your feet before applying Blister Shield.
- Wiping alcohol between toes after drying also helps reduce moisture.
- Just apply a small amount to the area that is suffering from hotspots, or which you anticipate will incur hotspots. Alternatively apply it over a dressing or tape, paying attention to the edges which can be prone to rolling.
- For added blister protection, apply more powder behind your heel after the sock has been put on.
- Do not empty into the sock or apply to the sole of the foot as that can cause a lack of traction, especially when in the propulsive part of the gait cycle.
- Do not use on broken skin.
- Apply with disposable gloves if hand washing facilities are absent as the powder will make the hands very slippy and quite unusable.
- Blistershield is easily removed with hand wipes (eg baby wipes) or soap and water.
- Blistershield is talc-free and will not clump or become a paste. It creates a frictionless barrier on your skin while still allowing you to sweat.
- Blistershield is designed for external application only, do not ingest.
Sportshield is a Dimethicone product, which is essentially a silicone based polymer that forms a protective layer on the skin. It has the ability to stay on the skin for 24hours without rubbing off, even after being exposed to water.
Skin Guard & Chafing/Blister Prevention for Your Entire Body, not just your feet
Sportshield® is ideal for use on the inside of thighs, over nipples, on feet, underarms, and under bras or athletic supporter straps.
SportShield® performs with you under the most gruelling conditions and will not rub off. It even works under wetsuits! SportShield® is a silicone-based anti-chafe product that is non-staining, non-toxic, and non-greasy and be used daily. It contains no animal products.
How to Apply
Using SportShield® liquid roll-on or convenient towelettes, you apply a smooth, thin invisible coating to the skin. It can be applied any part of the body where skin is subjected to chafing by clothing and equipment pressure points. It might be a good idea to apply with disposable gloves as it will remain very slippy on the hands as well.
DO NOT apply under the foot as that will cause a loss of traction for the foot in walking or running.
Some common blister/ chafe prone areas include:
- Between the arms and sides of the body
- Between upper thighs
- Groin area
- Over nipples
- Around back of heels
- Tops of toes
- Top off the foot
SportShield® is removed from the skin with soap and water (leaving absolutely no residue)
Dimethicone, Aloe Vera Extract, Vitamin E.
SportShield is designed for external use, do not ingest