Engo Blister Prevention 2 large Oval Patches
ENGO® blister prevention patches are patented low-friction patches manufactured with pressure sensitive adhesive. Unlike other blister prevention and relief patches, ENGO® patches are applied to the inside of footwear, to the surfaces of insoles, or to socks – NOT TO THE SKIN. This means the patches provide long-lasting protection from blisters and are pain-free to apply and remove. ENGO® patches are thin, sweat-proof and latex-free!
85 in stock
- 2 large oval patches
What are ENGO® patches made of?
PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) is a fluorocarbon solid, it is hydrophobic meaning it cannot get wet! The best known application of PTFE is the brand name of Teflon by Du Point!
It has multiple applications in the industrial, medical, engineering, aerospace and computer worlds as it is not only an insulator and has a high melting point but its coefficient of friction is ranked as the third lowest solid material next to carbon. Which is where it becomes of interest to us!
It is an amazing product to put in your footwear, which helps reduce the blister causing high friction areas of the shoe.
ENGO® blister prevention patches are patented low-friction patches manufactured with pressure sensitive adhesive.
Unlike other blister prevention and relief patches, ENGO® patches are applied to the inside of footwear, to the surfaces of insoles, or to socks – NOT TO THE SKIN. This means the patches provide long-lasting protection from blisters and are pain-free to apply and remove. ENGO® patches are thin, sweat-proof and latex-free!
How to apply the blister prevention patch
- Select the size of the patch based on the area of coverage required and ensure that your footwear is dry
- Warm the patches with your hands before peeling the backing off. Tip: Select a patch that is around one centimetre larger than the area where you know you get blisters or where you are getting a “hot spot”.
- Using the easy peel tab, partially peel away the white backing to give you an area to hold whilst handling the patch.
- Apply the sticky side of the patch to the desired area of dry footwear.
- Peel the remaining backing away and press the patch firmly onto the area.
- Press firmly around the entire patch surface to secure it.
- Using a hairdryer on the patch after is has stuck in place helps to activate the adhesive, use a shoe horn or your fingers to guide the heel into the shoe preserving the length of the patch from the constant rubbing by the heel when putting on the shoe.
ENGO’s adhesive is pressure-sensitive. Therefore, as the pressure on the patch increases so does patch adhesion to the shoe. The patches will eventually need replacement (about 300 miles of use)once the blue top layer wears through or completely releases from, the white support layer.
How to remove the blister prevention patch
To remove a worn-out ENGO® patch, simply pull from the edge and it will peel off. Make sure you replace it with a new patch to ensure continued protection against blisters. If you have a problem removing a patch you can warm it very slightly using a safe heat source such as a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive.
Other uses for the ENGO® patches
You can apply ENGO® blister patches wherever you normally experience blisters or soreness caused by the rubbing of your skin. For example:
- All sports footwear
- Normal shoes
- Walking and Hiking boots
- Breaking in new footwear and boots
- Oars, blades and paddles
- Ski poles
- Rake, Hoe and Shovel handles
- Braces and pads
You can even use ENGO® patches on the bottom of furniture feet to make it easier to move around.
NOTE: ENGO Patches might not adhere to footwear that has been treated with waterproofing spray, such as military boots or some hiking boots. ENGO Blister Prevention Patches are made in the USA.
Introducing Friction Management
By providing a low-friction component between the skin and friction-causing footwear, blisters are effectively prevented. Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc. of Minnesota introduced ENGO® Blister Prevention Patches in 2004 after recognizing the need for an effective and long-lasting product to help athletes with their blister problems. ENGO® has been proven through rigorous testing to effectively prevent blisters.
Climbing & Mountaineering, Cycling, Football, Golf, Hiking, Hockey, Horse Riding, Ice Hockey, Ice Skating, Roller Skating, Rugby, Running, Ski & Snowboard, Tennis, Walking
Back of the heel, Big toe, Edge of the heel, Foot arch, Side of the foot, Tip of the toes, Top of the toes, Under the big and little toe joints, Under the middle 3 toe joints